Every healthcare marketer who manages a Facebook page struggles from time to time for content. One strategy is to use Facebook postings to demystify your hospital, to make it more familiar, less scary and more approachable. Highlighting hospital activities and team members can give your hospital personality, help build a relationship and enhance your brand.
Jill Celeste, owner of Hound Dog Social Media, suggests 32 posting topics to engage your fans and make your hospital approachable.
1. Explaining construction and renovation projects
2. Installing new equipment or technology
3. What’s cooking in your cafeteria kitchen?
4. Gift shop sales and new merchandise
5. Employee appreciation events
6. Employees of the month
7. A Day in the Life of …. (highlight a specific job in the hospital)
8. Planting and maintaining your hospital gardens
9. Introduce your security team
10. Explain how to request medical records
11. Pictures of your hospital chapel
12. Meet the chaplain
13. How flowers are delivered
14. How to become a hospital volunteer
15. How to apply for a job at the hospital
16. Explain your ER wait times
17. Highlight your patient safety initiatives
18. Post your visiting hours
19. Feature a support group
20. Highlight your hospital phone operators
21. Post a campus map (or link to it)
22. Promote a hospital lecture or class
23. Take pictures of employees volunteering in the community
24. Welcome new medical staff
25. Explain the wristbands that patients wear
26. What to bring if you’re coming to the hospital
27. Photos from a Foundation event
28. Talk about your free hospital Wi-Fi
29. Link to news stories featuring your hospital
30. Introduce your Board of Trustees
31. Celebrate new accreditations, awards or certifications
32. Announce new programs and services.
These are great idea starters. And of course the list could go on and on.
Informational content is also extremely important. After all, that’s what consumers expect and want from your hospital. Health tips and information keeps your fans coming back and helps grow your fan base. But there should be a mixture of helpful health related content and information that will put a face on your hospital and express the hospital’s personality.